Below are links to scholarly sites that have mounted documents (either transcriptions or digital images) written by Margaret Sanger. The Project has not proofread these documents, and is not responsible for the quality of the work. Any questions about them should be directed to the host sites.
Note that the documents on some of these sites are not necessarily the first or only version of articles or pamphlets. For full information on the various editions of Sanger's writings, see our microfilm. Google Books also may have full or limited access to Sanger authored books.
If you know of any sites not listed below, please contact the Project.
Books, Articles and Pamphlets
• "No Gods, No Masters," The Woman Rebel, Mar. 1914 (transcription mounted by History Matters.)
• Family Limitation, New York: New Review, 1914 (image mounted by Harvard Open Collections). Though this is cited as 1914, we believe it to be a later version, likely the mid-1920s.
• People of the State of New York against Margaret Sanger, defendant's brief (Hecla Press, New York, 1916). (Harvard)
• People of the State of New York against Margaret Sanger, appellant's statement (Hecla Press, New York, 1916). (Harvard)
• People of the State of New York against Margaret H. Sanger, Ethel Byrne, and Fannie Mindell, appellent's brief (Hecla Press, New York, 1916). (Harvard)
• The Case for Birth Control: A Supplementary Brief and Statement of Facts (New York: Modern Art Print Co., 1917) (image mounted by Harvard Open Collections).